Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Bluetooth Shoe Test

A month or 2 back I bought some Under Armour Velociti HOVR shoes on the clearance rack at Frisco Running Company. They looked & felt good. Plus they were 40% off!



So who cares. You bought some shoes. Wow. 
Hang with me here... these shoes have Bluetooth!  That’s right Bluetooth!  They connect to the Map My Run app. 
I had them for a month or so using them for cross training. I was out for a 10-miler with my buds & they suggested that I try the function out & see how it compares to my Garmin watch. 
Truth be told, I had tried the shoes out on a couple of short runs. After both runs my knee bothered me. So I designated them as cross trainers. Since then I’ve learned that I had an IT band issue & it had nothing to do with the shoes. 
On my next short run I tried it out. 



I have to say it’s pretty cool when you open the app and the shoes get connected. 
I had mapped out a new route to try. So off I went. 

About every half mile the app would announce through my headphones whether I was on the target zone for cadence. That target was determined by my height, weight, & pace. 




Since I’m a data nerd, the best part was the post run analysis. It gave me not only my cadence, but my stride length, ground contact time, & foot strike angle. 
I still have to figure out how to use that information, but it’s cool nonetheless. 




As if that wasn’t enough, there were also coaching tips based on my performance. I still need to log a few more runs to see my trends, and I excited to nerd out!





Well, I’ve got to get ready for tonight’s group run with some of my people from Frisco Running Club. 
Till next time... Run for fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment